Monday, February 1, 2010

I now have 43 house plants and at least another 12 cuttings on the go. I havent been to my garden in 3 months, but am planning on going soon to bury a pumpkin and a squash. The urban thicket is needing some reworking as the owner now has a young bow who will be two in the summer, roses  dangling everywhere may not be so good.

Its very mild right now in vancouver, crocuses, snowdrops, tulips are all sprouting. I have cat grass growing on my balcony and many trees are starting to bud. If we have a cold snap in February or march as we have in other years i wonder what the affects on the plant life will be. As soon as i have a way to upload pictures from my digital camera i will post pictures of my house plants, which include cat grass growing in a medium mostly of coffee grounds, indoor catnip (my apartment is north facing so this was a little surprising) and a yam plant that is growing in my kitchen. I a yam plant two months ago that was hydroponic and it grew so incredibly fast. We put some wood across the top of our cupboards so that it could grow along looked really nice. That one died because my place became infested with fungus gnats. so trying again.

No comments: