Friday, April 10, 2009

It turns out Garden City Vancouver is the name of a book Dannie Mcarthur and Marge Meikle. I did not know this.

I chose this name because i grew in Bella Coola B.C. which has vast amounts of wilderness. When i moved to vancouver in 2001 i really didn't want to do the whole 9-5 thing and i wanted to be an entrepreneur. After a few months of idea after idea, i came up with roof top gardening as a business idea. Being an angry/ depressed young goth/punk metal musician who did things like put safety pins through my eye brows didn't exactly make me some one people wanted to invest in. I also new very little about gardening at the time. I chose the lifestyle and stuck with it for years. But what also stuck with me was the ideas i had that we should be utilizing all of our space, reduce pollution ( i've always had issues with the air quality),. Though what i didnt realize was that what a large part of it was is that i have a deep spiritaul connection with nature and i saw that was lacking in vancouver, for me at least.

I dont talk about it so much in here as its become more of an update place, but the philosophy has remained and developed much, much more.

So with all of that said i think i will be looking for a new name for this blog.

No comments: